Sunday, September 22, 2019

Shivgange Temple Trek

Shivgange Temple Trek

Shivgange is a famous temple near Bangalore and attracts a significant number of devotees. There are multiple temples as you scale the summit however and the climb becomes more treacherous and steep as one climbs up.

Tip:

- If you are planning to go all the way up I would recommend not to take off your shoes. The climb is full of gravel and medium stones and it will be difficult without shoes.

- Avoid carrying any bags. The monkeys are quite audacious and will inspect you and your bags for any eatables. I had one coming from behind climbing on my shoulder and inspecting my bag which I had to let go as there were two more following him.

Road to Shivgange

Ganesha Carved to the Left as you climb up the first flight of Stairs



Nandi as you take the left after the first flight of Stairs



Morning mist covering the peak

Small wooden Nandi on the second teample

Views below





Almost looks like Sphinx in the Mist









Cliff with very strong winds

Nandi on top of the Peak


Monkey family huddling together to protect the young ones from the Wind



Ambushed!

What have you got there :)!




1 comment:

Must Visit

Grand Canyon of India, Gandikota

Grand Canyon of India, Gandikota Trivia: Located in the Kadappa district of Andhra Pradesh in a small place called GandiKota. Gand...

Popular Post

About Me

My photo
I am a history buff and a thrifty traveler. I like traveling as a local. My other interests include personal income tax planning and adventure sports.